According to a realtor.com® analysis, active listings which include more than one master bedroom, average 9 percent higher in price than those that do not. Consumers are more vocal when it comes to stating their needs in a home. Multiple master bedrooms are becoming the new trend in homes. Consumers are open when stating why they want more than one master bedroom. Some folks will share information they don’t tell their pastor, priest or rabbi but they will tell their realtor® specifically why they want separate master bedrooms.
Reasons for multiple master bedrooms:
- Partners snore, thrash, talk in their sleep or get up too often during the night
- Multi generational family needs – elderly parents, boomerang kids, siblings
- Sleep disorders – such as insomnia, sleep walking, sleep apnea, sleep eating
- One partner wishes to sleep with pets in the bed and the other disagrees
- Accommodating children in the bed and the other partner requires sound sleep
- Professions requiring nightly interruptions
- Non-traditional work hours
- Separated, living under the same roof
- Open lifestyles (open to interpretation)
- Environment – room temperature, more/less bedding, light/dark
- Different preference for mattress/bed type (he hates the waterbed)
- One can’t sleep without the TV on and the other requires silence
- A need for one’s own space
- Guest accommodation
- Mismatched body clocks – night owl, early bird
- Decorating differences – flowers and lace vs. taxidermy and ammo
- They just want to sleep alone
It is important to tell your realtor® the specific type of home you want. The number of en- suite bedrooms is noteworthy. The reason why is strictly your own business.
A professional real estate agent or broker will be able to assist you in finding your dream home with the amenities you are seeking.
APeto-Selby.com 2017© May not be reprinted without explicit written permission. All worldwide rights reserved.